Sunday, February 5, 2017

Truth & Righteousness Day #1

MARK CHALLENGE – DAY #1: Mark 1

TRUTH:  The first chapter of Mark’s gospel is full of all kinds of good stuff.  We see the introduction of John the Baptist whose life’s mission was to prepare the way for the coming Messiah.  We see the baptism of Jesus himself.  Jesus begins his ministry by calling his first disciples and casting out demons and healing many.  The “Truth Point” that jumps out at me, however, is the way in which Jesus calls his disciples.  The call of the disciple is to a lifestyle of “following Jesus” (vs. 17).  As a disciple of Jesus, I am not called to a lifestyle of doing things for him.  It is not even a lifestyle of fixing myself or correcting my own flaws to honor him.  It is simply a lifestyle of following Jesus day in and day out. Going where he goes.  Participating with what he participates with. Loving those he loves.  As simple as it sounds, the lifestyle of a disciple is to continually ask ‘What Would Jesus Do?” (WWJD) And do it!

RIGHTEOUSNESS:  In this reading, I am reminded of God’s righteousness through the Love that he exhibits by sending his one and only son to live out an exemplary lifestyle for me to follow.


RESPONSE:  My response to my reading today is to intentionally live the lifestyle that I was called to live.  A lifestyle of following Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment