Monday, January 2, 2017

Less of Me

Wow, 2017!  I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this new year.  This year I will turn 44.  I will celebrate 23 years of marriage.  With a little work and a little luck, I will complete my Masters Degree. My oldest will turn 18, my youngest will become an official teenager, and my daughter (middle child) will begin to drive.  HOW OLD AM I GETTING!?!  (No need to comment! lol)  With each passing year, I stand amazed at how quickly life passes by. 

I have many hopes, goals, and dreams for this new year.  I am determined to enjoy life at a greater level. This commitment will require me to grow closer to God and to grow deeper in my understanding of the plan that He has for my life.  It will also require that I grow in my relationship with my wife as we continue to live out the great plan God has for our lives.  Enjoying life more will also need me to embrace a deeper relationship with my kids as they journey towards adulthood.   In 2016, I started a weight loss journey (down 98 lbs, Yeah!) that I am committed to continuing in 2017. Finally, in 2017, I am determined to have a greater impact on those God brings across my path.  I so desire to see individuals come to a full understanding of their full potential in and through Jesus Christ. I hope to act as a catalyst in helping others in this journey.

Overall, 2017 looks to be an ambitious year.  May I keep John 3:30 "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." (NLT) As the foundation of this year.  I invite you to join me in this journey and check back from time to time to see what progress has been made.  I also invite you to enhance your own journey this new year.  My hope is that this Blog will act as an encouragement to you as you journey closer to God and "Live on Purpose!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment