Wednesday, May 28, 2014

O Lord, You Know Everything About Me

As I look over the span of my life thus far I stand in utter awe of God's presence in my life.  The multitude of times that His hands have guided and directed my path are simply astounding. Many of them I did not recognize at the moment they were taking place but when looked at through a course of a lifetime they are easily seen.  Whether it be through the decision of a young mother to carry a baby she was not ready for to full term, or through the decision of that same young mother to give that child (me) up for adoption, or through the decision of a young family to foster a child in need, or through the decision of another young couple to allow God to pair them with a child and adopt.  These are just a few examples in a sequence of life spanning 41 years thus far.  I think that is why Psalm 139 is one of my favorite passages.  To me it speaks of the Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent qualities of God.  All through the beginning of this passage the psalmist it declaring God's presences and hand on our life.  So many other sequences of my life confirm this to me.  The childhood friendships made.  The braiding together of my life and the life of my spouse.  My call to ministry.  The blessing of three healthy children.  Just to name a few.  What life sequences of yours confirm the Psalmists description of God in Psalms 139?

No comments:

Post a Comment