Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Giving My Very Best ..... Really!

"Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment."  Matthew 22:37-38

Over the past few weeks and months I have been wrestling with the thought of what it truly means to give my very best to God.  I am a little ashamed to say that I have not always kept a clear presective on this subject.  It is a thought that requires one to dive deeper than just the surface of life. It is far easier to simply remain mediocre or to simply coast from one moment to the next.  I desire more than that in my life, how about you?

To give my very best to God means I must learn to intentionally live out Matthew 22:37-38.  I must love God with everything and in everything.  I must give my passions and desires to him.  I must give way to His will over mine.  I believe this to be a life long journey that requires intentionality.  In other words, I can not love God with all my heart, soul and mind by accident.  I must wake every morning with a fresh focus of loving God with my entire self and put some action steps behind that focus.

This is my desire and I hope it is yours too.  Let keep each other lifted up in prayer so that we might be able to "Live on Purpose" and give God our very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment