Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"That's A Do Over!"

When I was a kid I remember playing all sorts of games on the playground.  Some days we played four square, some we played dodge ball and other days we played kickball.  The one thing that stayed consistent no matter what game we played was the infamous call out for a "do over".  If you didn't like a call or you were less than satisfied with your kick or maybe you just didn't like the losing track you were on you would simply call out --- "That's A Do Over" - and the hope would be that you would get a second chance.

As I scan over my life thus far, I can easily note several moments that I would love to have been able to shout out "Do Over"  and give it another go.  However, the thing about "Do Overs" is that unless something in the equation of that moment has changed the outcome is, more often than not, going to be the same. Now I suppose that there is some truth to the old adage "Practice makes perfect", however, that trial and error route also causes a lot of wear and heartache. (This I well know.)

I believe that God wants to be that change agent in the equations of our life, especially the areas we desire to "Do Over".  Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." (NLT)  God is definitely a god of second chances, however, if we are going to make our "Do Overs" count we must trust Him completely and not go it alone.  We were designed to be dependent on Him.

So, wherever you are at in your life right know, whether you are looking at current situations or desiring a "Do Over" in an old situation, trust in Him who is able to do more than you could ever think or imagine.  Depend on Him and allow Him to be the change agent in your situation.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want Him to be my agent of change for this coming year!

    ReplyDelete