Friday, February 10, 2017

Truth & Righteousness Day 3

MARK CHALLENGE – DAY #3: Mark 3

TRUTH:  Today’s “Truth Point” is found at the end of Mark chapter 3.  Upon a visit from Jesus’ mother and brothers he broadens the reader’s concept of family.  In verse 35, Jesus says, “Anyone who does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”  Being adopted I probably have a little different take on “family” than most.  I know what it feels like to be accepted into a family that was not originally yours.  I have experienced what it feels like to be so thankful to have a family to call your own.  Because of the work that Jesus did on the cross we all have the ability to be adopted into God’s great family.  As we follow Christ and do the will of God we journey as brothers and sisters of Jesus.

RIGHTEOUSNESS:  This text reveals to us the righteousness of God as displayed to us through his acceptance of us through Jesus Christ.


RESPONSE:  My response to my reading today is to embrace my heaven family in a deeper way.  This family of God is not just people who go to church together or believe in similar ways.  We are brothers and sisters.  I need to do a better job at valuing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment