Friday, February 10, 2017

Truth & Righteousness Day #4

MARK CHALLENGE – DAY #4: Mark 4

TRUTH:  The “Truth Point” that jumps out at me in Mark chapter 4 is found in the parable of the farmer scattering seed.  I noticed that in this parable the seed being scattered in inevitable, however, type of soil/ground and how it receives the seed are the uncertain variables.  The seed is the Word of God, the Good News message.  The ground represents the ones receiving that good news and their ability or desire to let it take root in them. Like it or not we choose what kind of soil we have.  We decide what ear we lend to the messages of God. 

RIGHTEOUSNESS:  In this reading I am reminded of God’s righteousness through the generosity He offers us in his willingness to continually speak His words to us.  His desire is for us to hear and accept His words


RESPONSE:  My response to this reading is to pay more attention to my soil and to make sure that as God speaks to me his message falls on good soil so that that message can take root and grow the way he intends it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment